Wednesday, July 26, 2006

So the Drama Begins

The casting call this afternoon went well, we offered a part to the sweetest little girl. She's going to play Carli, Randy's daughter. After the casting call, my assistant called me into the office and enlightened me to an angry cast member, so I had to handle that issue. *sigh* Which is no small feat considering my passionate spanish and italian blood. Now I see why my brother had such anger problems, not that he ever brought any of that anger home, but he was a very passionate man. In fact, most of the Petrignani family is passionate.

It was a surprise actually, the sim had expressed an earlier concern about thier role which I thought we had addressed, however there were other issues, so hopefully this will end sometime soon as I hate to have distractions with my work. Such a shame actually, I had such high hopes for this sim joining the cast after seeing thier previous work and talking to thier agent, but now I'm wondering if perhaps I acted too soon (which is another side affect of being passionate by nature). But I can only wait and see if thier behavior makes an effect on thier work. Hopefully they won't become a problem, I hate problems. Thankfully I'm not as intolerant of problems as my brother and father were-it was fatal to be a problem to them.

We're getting ready to shot cast photos and collect bios to start editing the website, then once the cast arrives-we're going to start filming. Some actors have already arrived, so they're in wardrobe and reading over the first episode's script and prepping for thier scenes. The goal is to start filming August 8 and get the first episode aired in September. I've hired Shawn Marsh-the director of "The Gift" miniseries, to help out. I've actually been eyeing his son for a role on the soap, but we shall see.

Well, I must do the hard task of shopping for clothing for a few of the characters and pick up a few accessories. I'm in search of a red wig for one of the actors and some gifts to welcome the cast.

No comments: