Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Actors Rights

Who knew that when I decided to "buy" the rights to Pahala Shore that I would have to deal with actors that are a whiny bunch and in my opinion-don't have the clot or fame to act as such. There are actors whiny about the commute time, thier storylines and even the appearence of thier character-don't they know that they are paid to play others-not themselves, so if thier character is ugly or has a shady background, that doesn't reflect on them-goodness. Thankfully, I've hired some very good actors-some humble ones who are thankful to have an offer. It's funny, but it seems like the more famous the actor, the less demanding they are-I suppose that they've been in the business long enough to know that work doesn't come often. Hihi, I'm already plotting ways to write out a few of the actors I hired-based on attitude alone. I do have a few tricks up my sleeve though, I've hired a few quality actors with plenty of work experience-unfortunately thier storylines are not so large, but with a little urging towards the writing staff, that will change.

I wonder if Jarrel had to deal with such things when he was producing. I miss him, I wish he were here to give me advice, but this is one way that the family name will live on, well...there are other ways as well.

Thankfully while I have been dealing with casting and finding sims to play the roles, the rest of the crew has been hard at work building sets, gathering wardrobes and assembling make-up, not to mention the writing staff. The writing staff is genius! I've hired Luis Herendez as the head writer-his mother and grandmother used to write for Pahala Shore and Suburb Sim, his main role is to generate ideas and keep the other staff in line. Also on staff is Patricia Harbin, she is going to be big one day. Currently she writes for the local magazine, Fashion Runway; she's signed on to be a journalist with the new celebrity magazine, STAR, and she's only a teen! I love walking into the writing office and seeing the storylines pasted on the walls, seeing the arcs and peaks and knowing what some of the characters will go through. It's been hard dealing with them, as just when I think they're done they revise something which means even more characters which means more auditions and more actors. But with each change the soap gets better and better, so I can't complain.

Ah well, casting calls again this afternoon, I should prepare.

No comments: