Thursday, July 27, 2006

Finally Casting Wraps Up

Casting is drawing to a close, there were several actors that we desired but who didn't answer our calls-mostly from the Star City boards. I am fairly happy with the cast-there are those who've been in the industry for ages, some new faces and many in bewteen. We had to shell out some simoleans for some of them, but quality workers should be paid as such. Now that casting is almost done, it's up to Shawn to start directing the cast about thier duties and my excellant writing staff to crank out good storylines. I'm going to be looking for more opportunities-mostly movies, since producing a series is hard work-but thankfully during the summer hiatus I can produce some movies.

First thing I need to do is finish moving! I brought a condo downtown and the interior designer-Storm (isn't that an... interesting name) is putting the finishing touches on it. She's doing the design for the set as well. I plan on having a cast party there once the first episode is filmed-don't worry I'll post a few photos, not too many since I'm sure many of the cast members would want some degree of privacy while filming. Thankfully downtown isn't too far from Bottom Beach where the series is filmed. Simply a short plane ride to the island or long ferry, whichever you perfer.

The writers are churning out some good episodes, the cast should be rather busy in the upcoming months and beyond. I will reveal something juicy-a member of the cast will be departing this season-I won't say if the move is permenant or not, but life will throw some choices at this sim and the one they chose will take them away from Pahala. Ok, no more! Of course fans can look forward to the Russel-Lani-Meka triangle and some new faces to Pahala as well. Everything else you'll have to watch and see.

No comments: