Friday, March 16, 2007

Mini-Series

There's a script on my desk that I can't get rid of. It's far too long to be a movie-far too long to be a movie series even. I'm thinking of making it a mini-series for the summer. The series would have about seven episodes and would need a cast of at least six, not including extras. I know who I want for the lead role. This is the first script that I'm actually excited about. The others were just...ok, that would be a good story, but this one...I would love to make this a series. In fact, I already have an idea for a follow-up of the mini-series and it would be about seven episodes as well. The only thing is that it would be stills and not live action since the production company doesn't have the space to host the files. Hmmm, maybe a summer mini-series and the winter movie.

I need to make a desicion so I can post the audition call this week. Casting and filming won't start until April at the earliest, but...I think this mini-series would be good. If I can film the entire mini-series in April and May and have it aire this summer, then I technically could still have time to film a movie before the hiatus for Pahala Shore is over. Unfortunately, I haven't found any soundtracks that I'm in love with for the movie and if I'm not in love with the concept it shows through in my work.

I'll mull on it for another hour and then post the cast list-why mull over it. I'm not in love with the movie ideas, the soundtracks don't move me anymore, I might as well do something that moves me.

besos

No comments: