Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Writing Project

One of the writers requested a meeting with me this morning. They had some interesting ideas. Basically they wanted to start another gossip magazine, similar to STAR, but of course, I'm not sure how that will go. I'm very careful not to traispe over into other producers/writers/etc projects and steal thier limelight, but they had a point. The industry has been wanting for some good gossip lately, but every sim needs a vacation every now and then. Even I take vacations. I told them to hold off on thier magazine idea for a few months to see how the industry looks, especially since the talk show will be starting in February (note to self-start photo shoots for the show and find out when the host will be flying in). I think with a magazine and a talkshow then the industry should have enough gossip...especially if I were to add a gossip snippets segment to the show...hmmm

I popped over to the Arrendale Heights site and saw the calendars. I must contact Em and see if she knows how they were made. Our set designers have been trying for ages to get custom content for the show, but repeatedly have failed. The calendars would actually be nice for homes...hmmm, that makes me wonder about the simish calendar system, especially with the seasons deal right around the corner.

Pahala Shore has been going quite well, we've been filming like crazy. I've scrambled the shooting order and added a few alternative endings/climaxes to some storylines so that even the cast wouldn't know what's coming up next. I think that the cast is enjoying the slightly slower pace, but steady work. I must talk to the writing staff about the men in the cast. Thier stories have been lacking lately. I know that Beck (Randy) will have some interesting storylines coming up soon (starting next season) and so will Chad (Russel), but A'ron (Meka) and David (Jamal) are still only supporting cast, for the time being. I've been chewing on a delicious idea for Meka and Jamal's storyline was put on the backburner when we hired Montana (Opal), who by the way is perfect for the devilious role we cast her in. I'm getting off topic again, so work is going well. The other businesses are going well, we're going to package the teen sweaters from A. Pentragnani in a few weeks and offer them on the online store, also will add a section for Pahala Shore items (such as Missy's hairdye, sorority t-shirts, and eventually the university tees and maybe some custom objects).

*yawn, a bit tired*

besos

No comments: