Monday, January 29, 2007

Good Investments

Seems like the custom wedding collections was a good investment. A. Pentragnani has gotten an order from a groom to create an African inspired wedding collection, so we're looking for fabrics and patterns for that and Elda and her groom married in a nice wedding this simday.

The Elda Collection was incomplete as the patterns for the bridal purse would not appear, so she decided to forgo the clutch style purse and simply wear gloves with her dress and pillbox hat. The gown was tea length and made of lace with a thin satin belt around the waist and sheer gloves along with matching satin pumps. The bride wore a white billbox hat with white veil and did not carry a bouquet. We got some nice photos, but since the patterns are not our own we would need to investigate the trade laws surrounding the meshes before offering them online.

The Selita Collection is also looking well. The bride approved of the gown, which is a floor length satin sheath with chiffon overlay. The fabric drapes over the body of the bride (who is on a big diet to look great in her dress after her graduation from university). The bridesmaid dress is an issue, we made two samples, but neither is pleasing or dynamic. The bride wants the dress to be more graphic and fit in with the art musuem more, so the designers are back to the drawing board to work on the dress. Once that is done, a custom hairstyle and possible hat will be created, however the bride can either carry a dramatic bouquet or a dramatic hat , not both. So she is thinking over her options while the fashion house works on the bridesmaid dress.

Pahala Shore filming is going slow, the writers are going to start editing the episodes for this month and shipping them out, they're a little behind schedule if you ask me. I think I will have to crack the whip and have some marathon filming sessions and editing sessions in order to get the episodes out in time.

The ? Show is almost done, filming will be complete a few days before it airs (Valentine's Day week). The website is being worked on, so the episodes need to be edited. To save space and time, we're thinking of compacting the episodes into as few pages as possible, the first episode has three parts which is a nice first episode. Filming will start soon for the second episode as soon as all the guest fly in, we need to send out the questions for the show and then start filming and selecting wardrobe.

Right now with two big production projects (Pahala Shore and The ? Show) and overseeing A.Pentragnani (which thankfully is only local right now), things are a bit busy and I expect things to get even busier as the year progresses. I might have to make some moves to film more episodes in advance with Pahala Shore and The ? Show. I still want to film a summer movie, but I might film the winter movie in the summer and premier it during the winter hiatus for Pahala Shore. The only thing about films is finding a place to host it, so perhaps I'll try to make the film very small in size, maybe cutting the soundtrack down...I doubt it. I may have to look to alternative sources for hosting or even consider removing the three movies and putting them into archives...which I would really hate to do. Thankfully I have time since I haven't found a story that I absolutely love to do a film about this simmer. I keep turning to the same writers and soundtracks that my brother did, but I want to move out beyond that. I actually have an idea floating for a trilogy, but I need the third soundtrack.

besos

No comments: