Friday, September 15, 2006

Showtime

The show premires today-we won't know how the reviews are until next week, but until then I'm simply enjoying my day off. Yes, I took the day off. I've been napping, shopping, and preparing the house for the premire party this evening-well, I've been giving orders on how to prepare the house and watching others do it.

I've been considering opening a VIP area for the show where the biggest fans can see the episodes early, be eligible for special prizes and discover information about the show that only VIPs know (think uncut footages, future storylines, etc). Also thinking of revamping the cast pages to reveal more about the characters themselves, but this would reveal information from past episodes. I'm still mulling over it and the possible need to expand our webspace. But I have so many plans for the Pahala Shore website:


-VIP section for exclusive members (access to mailing
list, special uncut episodes, hints about future storylines, prizes)

-Backstage section (include filming schedule,
bloopers)

-Revamp Cast Pages to include character
information

-Package previous seasons into
downloadable formats and store on another site to free up webspace

-Rename page names for better organization (should
retroactively do this?)

-Rename stills for better
organization

-Move to a new webspace
-Add poll about Lani-Russel-Meka


I think I'll sleep on the list and slowly start making changes. I know that the cast pages will probably be revamped soon, but only the permenant cast would have these special pages, supporting/temporary cast would have smaller pages, but the other changes will have to be thought about in more detail. Thankfully, the Pennelson Production website is complete with it's changes. There might be some minor tweaking of some details, but otherwise it is finished.

The storylines for the second season are pretty much established, the writers are making some edits and taking the storylines and applying them into episode formats, once that is done-filming will restart, but filming also won't start until the episodes for the first season are edited and sent to the network. I plan on having the editors finish episodes 3 and 4 and package those to be sent out this weekend, but I have a busy week ahead of me with other business that who knows.

Thankfully the stills for episodes 3-5 are completely done, the other episodes' stills are almost edited and then editing can continue on that-editing is the longest part of the process, but since we have clear storylines and episode guides with the needed scenes and sets, filming doesn't take as much time. I want to be able to have this season edited and sent to the network by the end of Oct/mid Nov and then start on the filming for the next season and have at least the first batch of episodes sent to the network by the mid of December. This doesn't seem to hard, but I also wanted to put out a movie or two, and seriously consider the possibility of adding another series or mini-series, but it seems like this will have to wait until next summer when Pahala Shore is on hiatus. Which is well since I haven't found any scripts that captivate me as of yet-there are a few that intrigue me, but I need to reread them and I refuse to do that until the editing is complete for this season.

besos

No comments: