Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Pahala Shore Hosting

Debating about moving Pahala Shore from Freewebs to Blogger.

Blogger: Pros (P)/Cons (C)
-P: Can predate the episodes and they will publish automatically. No more forgetting to publish an episode.
-P: Easier to create episodes in each post
-C: Hard to format a complete website.

Freewebs: Pros (P)/Cons (C)
-P: Just moved to the site from Geocities, another move would mean more redirecting traffic
-C: Site becoming laggy and tedious to update

Vote in the poll on the Pahala Shore website for your choice! Leave suggestions or comments here!

1 comment:

Em said...

After reading your pros and cons I'd have to vote for blogger. I experimented with putting an episode of AH on another blog site, livejournal, when my last host vanished on me, but I didn't like how difficult it was to get the pictures and text formatted the way I was used to, side by side. The Pahala Shore episodes should be easier to format because the text is just below the pictures. I've found it diffcult to post pictures on blogger though because they post at the top and then you have to move them down, but I'm sure that's not hard to get used to. Another pro for blog style is the comments section at the end of each episode. I really like that feature. As a reader, either format is good. I've gotten used to reading sim stories on blogger.