Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Pre-Production Moving Slowly

Pre-Production is moving along slowly, the construction for the sorority house started yesterday. I have scouts looking for furnishings and decor for the set, all in the sorority house's signature color: red. I am going to have the costume designer create a sorority shirt for the sisters of Alpha Alpha Var to wear in the opening scene and another signature sorority outfit for the sisters to wear in a ceremony planned for the season as well. Missy's haircolor turned out ok, we're going to fit Alexis for the style today, so hopefully it will go well.

We're scouting about for a set location for a ski resort. It will be too hard to recreate the vibe of a ski lodge on the studio lot, so we're going to send the cast on location. Brrr, I hope they have plenty of scarves. I also hope the security is good, I hate having to manage extras and random sims that walk onto the set. Speaking of set: we might have to rebuild the boardwalk, apparently the sand we shipped in is no longer in stock and there is the strangest thing happening on the lot. We laid down "sand" carpet, but I am not pleased with the look, I think we'll have to bulldoze it and start again.

I have good news. My scouts have finally gotten word to the MMAM house and once my chosen one's stint with MMAM is complete, I will send her a contract for a permenant role on Pahala Shore. The writers are developing her background and trying to find the best way to ease her into the show. I'm still waiting on Montana to get back to me regarding the possibility of her joining Pahala Shore full-time. We'll see. Montana has completed her make-up, but we're still putting her through wardrobe. We're also looking for extras for the sorority house. Also, Hazel Starr finally flew into the set, we had the hardest time getting her a temporary anti-aging wavier due to her appearence on the show, but we got it, but since it is temporary we need to push up her storylines and then ship her off to boarding school.

The episodes have been edited, there remains only the finale to edit and ship to the network. We're shipping this month's episodes out this week, so hopefully it will hit the air this week and next week. Once the finale is edited, the writing staff will be free to work on next season's scripts more closely and we will begin filming soon.

On a personal note, I am meeting with lawyers and Tatiana and other interested investors in her resturaunt this afternoon. We should have a contract finalized today. Also, construction of the quadplex is due to start today. I love these times of rest, no hurrying back and forth downtown, simply planning and building and planning. Ahhh...

besos

No comments: