Friday, September 22, 2006

Tired

Things are going well, the network recieved the stills for episodes 15 and 16, the show now has to be formatted to be viewed by the audience. I am tired-work has been hard with the editing for the next season, doing last minute edits to this season (we're cutting the number of episodes from 10 to 8 in order to end on episode 20) and the subsequent seasons. Also keeping track of where the characters are going/have been so that we can pull storylines from them whenever possible.

We're toying with Nailah's storyline again. We had thought about her storyline in advance, but watching Suburb Sim the storyline seems a little too close to comfort to thiers. We might leave it as is and see if the Suburb Sim storyline develops to be similar to ours, if so-since they published thiers first-we'll have to change her storyline yet again. We only want a season long story arc, followed with a multi-season arc that is already planned, but we feel it would be too soon to throw Nailah into this situation given how this season ends, so that makes things a bit difficult. Perhaps we'll simply have Nailah play a more supporting role next season since this season her storyline is on the forefront.

Since we're discussing storylines I need to have a long chat with Alexis regarding the direction we want to take Missy. If she doesn't agree then we'll have to find another character for that storyline, but I'm sure that she'll agree once we sit down and work out the details and how it will improve her acting chops. We're looking to add a permenant character to the series and I'm desperately watching Make Me A Model since I have my eye on one of the contestants to offer them a recurring role on Pahala Shore and I want to send the offer as soon as possible. I am crossing my fingers that they get eliminated, which I suppose isn't too nice of me, but I want her and I usually get what I want. O, if she gets eliminated we can sign her up for the next season and work her into a storyline with Nailah and that will serve as her introduction to the Pahala Shore group. Two birds with one stone!

I had originally packaged the role for Montana Rolfe after seeing her test shots, but I was a bit too late as she already signed with Lock Bay, a new soap that should be coming to the screens soon. I am curious as to what the concept is, it seems like it is more of a mystery related series. Also another soap, Division Heights, is supposed to premire this October, so all in all, there are many more soaps coming the screen, so we have to make sure that Pahala Shore is top-notch quality in order to entice and keep viewers watching each episode.

No comments: